NEW YEAR! NEW START! JANUARY 15, 2018 Well Helloooooo! And happy New Year! It’s been a while since I’ve written anything here, sorry about that! I do have quite a good excuse for not having written for a while though, some quite big things happening, which I’ll get into in a minute… yep I’m going to hold you in suspense a little longer! hehe
It’s time for a new year and time for a new focus and revamp on the blog. I’ve decided to share more than just my journey as an artist,
AUGUST 2, 2017 Quite often in life we’re quick to say “yeah life is good”, but not as quick to share “well actually….”, We’ll quite often hide the times we feel like failures and times of disappointments in ourselves from others. We’re quick to share negative experiences say from a bad haircut or rude server, but less so of our own struggles or hard ships in life. Maybe that’s because we don’t want to dwell on those things, or maybe it’s more because we’re embarrassed to tell
JULY 15, 2017 Life is a journey…. That’s what they say right? And that the kind of journey we have is down to our choices, which I’d say to be the truth at about 85%. I think I’m mostly a positive person but I’m not deluded that life sometimes throws us curve balls that are out of our control and seem impossible to find the positive in. We can still find a way to deal with the remaining 15% that seems out of our hands, by having control of our reactions. I know it sounds a bi
MAY 25, 2017 They say there are abstract thinkers and concrete thinkers. Which are you? Do you even understand the question? Haha! I didn’t, and probably still don’t really, but hey I’m going to explain what I learned, as simply as possible (I love philosophy… so to me this is really intriguing). To break it down, concrete thinking refers to thinking on the surface and about facts. Abstract thinking is related to thinking in depth and understanding a deeper meaning, and maybe
Loading... MAY 15, 2017 Sometimes I hear a voice in my head “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” “YOU CAN’T BE AN ARTIST!” “YOU’RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH!” “YOU’RE EATING TOO MUCH CHEESECAKE!” Wait! You hear those voices too? Weird! I’m trying to be fearless, to dream fearlessly and to show others that it is possible for them to also dream fearlessly! (No pressure then! Haha!) It’s hard right?! Like… really hard?! But each day you follow your dream, and recognize that accomplishment, it gets easie
APRIL 30, 2017 I just completed my stretch of 5 art shows in 6 weeks. What a roller coaster! I had challenged myself to say yes to everything that came my way two months ago, and that resulted in me agreeing to take part in all these group shows. It was a challenge! I questioned what I was doing… Would I have enough art?; Would I sell?; Would I burn out from doing too much?; Would my emotions withstand any negative comments? All of these things I didn’t know the answers too,
MARCH 31, 2017 HI!!! So today, I thought I’d formally introduce myself. I’m still pretending I have lots of followers that don’t know me, but I believe one day it will be true! And then they’ll have something to read back on. I’m actually quite excited to write this piece, even for the people that know me. I’m visualizing this piece as something that is rewritten every few years, it’ll be interesting (at least for me!) to see how I’ve change in my thoughts of myself, of what
JULY 1, 2017 Happy Canada Day!!!
Today, Canada is 150 years old and it’s time to celebrate! Get on your dancing shoes, crack an Molson Canadian’s , or Caesar’s, wave your flags, and get out your ketchup chips, it’s time to party Canadian style! I may not have been born here, and I definitely go on a lot about the life I have for where I was born, England, but Canada does hold a special place in my heart.
With friends I like to tease them, that I’m only Canadian so I could st